Tuesday, September 9, 2014

some new kind of kick
something i ain't had
some new kind of buzz
i wanna go hog mad

i'm lookin' and lookin' and lookin' for
something i ain't had before
i'm lookin' and lookin' and lookin'
and lookin' to find

some new kind of kick
some new kind of kick



Well, hello again.

I've written in journals and diaries for the majority of my life. I've had a number of online blogs over the years, including the most recent one, trash you up. When I felt like I needed a spot to write again, I didn't feel like going back to my last blog was the right place. Don't get me wrong, I put a lot of love and time into that one, but being in a different phase of my life warranted a brand new spot. Hence, the title of this one: borrowed from a cramps song of nearly the same name. It's not that I have changed as a person much at all (in fact, some would argue I'm basically the same person they knew back in grade school), but my focus has shifted, mainly because of my new role as wife and mother. I still love going junkin' and seeing a good rock'n'roll show now and then, but I also get a kick out of making mix cds for my daughter to fall asleep to so that she is exposed to all sorts of music at her age, or going thrifting to find her awesome things like Munsters onesies and books about wiener dogs that go trick-or-treating. It's a new kind of kick.

I hope you'll hang around, especially while I get going around here!

                                    violet meets her first elvis impersonator at around 1 month old

No comments:

Post a Comment